mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory and Speed Questions for Item-Based-Recommender
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:57:53 GMT
Don't think so.  Sean should comment definitively.

It is actually very easy to do.  The output of the recommendation off-line
process (in my case, statistical filtering of the coocurrence matrix, in
other cases something different) is generally a sparse matrix of item-item
links.  Each line of this sparse matrix can be considered a document in
creating a Lucene index.  You will have to use a correct analyzer and a line
by line document segmenter, but that is trivial.

Then recommendation is a simple query step.

You guys at Linked-in have nice ability to present Lucene results in
real-time so the part after gettting the item-item matrix should be dead
simple for you.