mahout-user mailing list archives

From Laya Patwa <laya1...@iitr.ernet.in>
Subject recommendations for short profiles.
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:50:25 GMT
Hello!
I am using TanimotoCoefficientSimilarity to generate user based
recommendations. It gives good results(recommendations) for users having
considerable sized profiles but no recommendations or very less
recommendations for users with very short profiles.

I want to ask why the size of profile matter? Because I guess that user
based recommendations are generated from the profiles of similar users and
if there is a list of similar users then the asked number of recommendations
should be generated irrespective of the size of the profile.

Cheers,
Laya