mahout-user mailing list archives

From Laya Patwa <laya1...@iitr.ernet.in>
Subject problems with taste.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:23:58 GMT
Hi!
I am a student and right now I am working on a project named CoEUD. My task
is to build a recommender system and I am using the taste recommender
library that comes with mahout.

I downloaded the subversion and installed it using maven and cygwin on
windows and also on MacOS. I tried the grouplens demo that is given in the
taste documentation and it also worked. Then I tried the example for user
based recommender, but it is giving some problems as follows:
1) I have 3 different data files with me and they are in CSV format having
values of userID, itemID and preference. The recommendations are generated
for 1 data file and not for the others. There are no errors. The program
runs and generates an empty recommendation list for other data files
2)Another peculiar thing that is happening is that when I make a copy of the
data file for which the user based recommender example is working and use
this data file, the recommendation list generated is empty.

I am stuck with the above 2 problems and can't figure out why the
recommendations are not generated for all the data files. Can you please
help me out.

I am using eclipse.

Cheers,
Laya