mahout-user mailing list archives

From J Cabb <joe.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re : Help with Installation Instructions
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 02:15:35 GMT
Thank you very much for the quick response.  I followed the instructions
below.  I assumed the basic issue was to back up to the early point in the
instructions where you would run install from trunk.  I ran into the same
error at the same point.

I checked against  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-113 and now
it is the LoadTest that is failing instead of CDInfosToolTest.

cd to {MAHOUT-ROOT}/trunk
mvn clean install --> [Build Successful]
cd core
mvn compile --> [Build Successful]
mvn install --> [Build failure]

Test- Failed
Running org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.LoadTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 311.442 sec
<<< FAILURE!

cd ../examples
mvn compile  --> [Build Failure]

I receive the same error about the missing artifact:

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-core -Dversion=0.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-core -Dversion=0.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
      1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-examples:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT
      2) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.mahout:mahout-examples:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  Apache snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
  maven2-repository.dev.java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)