mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering from DB
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:54:57 GMT
All of Mahout is generally Hadoop/HDFS based. Taste is a bit of
exception since it has a core that is independent of Hadoop and can
use data from files, databases, etc. It also happens to have some
clustering logic. So you can use, say, TreeClusteringRecommender to
generate user clusters, based on data in a database. This isn't
Mahout's primary clustering support, but, if it fits what you need, at
least it is there.