mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about PearsonCorrelation on a example
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:48:30 GMT
One could argue that this behavior is actually a good thing -- basing
an estimate of similarity based on one data point could be very
unreliable.

There are some similarity metrics that don't have this property, but
they all basically ignore the rating value. See
LogLikelihoodSimilarity or TanimotoCoefficientSimilarity for instance.
You could try them, but, if you have ratings I would think you want to
start by using them. In that case, I'd suggest you make up some more
data instead!