mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about PearsonCorrelation on a example
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:40:57 GMT
It doesn't have to do with the mean preference value being 0.

The problem is that these users overlap in only one item, and so,
Pearson cannot compute a similarity since it cannot define a
correlation coefficient. A correlation would require at least two data
points. Add some more data and you will get non-NaN values.