mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Would like some recommendation, need advice
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:32:24 GMT
I see. This almost is not a 'classic' recommendation problem. If you
have user-subject similarity, and subject-item similarity already,
then user-item similarity is probably just the product of the two? so
you can recommend items by ordering by similarity.

That is, in particular, it sounds like you don't really have a notion
of 'ratings' from users to items, which is what this library really is
all about.

Am I right, or do you have user ratings?