mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Item similarity very slow
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:13:49 GMT
First, do you have indexes and constraints set on the table? the
primary key should be a composite key, of these two IDs, and both
should have an index. Both should be non-null.

Are you wrapping TanimotoCoefficientSimilarity in a CachingSimilarity
wrapper? this will at least help it cache the similarity computations.
It won't help the first run, but will help subsequent runs a lot.

How many items do you have?

Let's start here and we can think of more solutions after we deal with
these questions.