mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Taste] Sanity Check and Questions
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:39:16 GMT
Yup mostSimilarItems is a better way to do it.

Honestly I lose track of what even I have written ...

On Jun 19, 2009 9:45 AM, "Grant Ingersoll" <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

On Jun 19, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Sean Owen wrote: > On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:40
AM, Grant Ingersoll<g...
Yeah, Taste's TopItems is the equiv of the topMatches() method in the book,
it seems.

Also, as opposed to calling TopItems directly, I could just call the
mostSimilarItems method on GenericBasedItemRecommender, right?  That way I
can rely on the recommender for the Estimator, etc. and the API seems
cleaner.