mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Taste] Sanity Check and Questions
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:37:08 GMT
Still seems a little funny. I am away from the code otherwise I would check
- forget if I ever implemented weighting in the standard correlation
similarity metrics. A pure correlation does not account for whether you
overlapped in 10 or 1000 items. This sort of weighting exists elsewhere but
I forget about here. It might help.

Also did not quite answer your other question. There is no standard notion
of 'explain' since the algorithms are quite different but look for the
recommendedBecause method.