mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: taste-web example booboo
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:52:50 GMT
What you would need to do is debug
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.example.grouplens.GroupLensDataModel, which
is under examples/src. The skeleton web application that gets created
as part of this deployment target will take care of initializing the
Recommender, which should init this in turn. The key part is where it
delegates to the FileDataModel constructor, I think (line 53);
something is not going right around there.

One idea comes to mind: look in your machine's temp directory for
files starting with 'ratings' or 'movies' and delete them if they
exist and try again.

I don't mind sifting through a lot of log output, but the part
generated by this code should be relatively small... should be
messages about initializing FileDataModel somewhere in there, with
clues perhaps.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Jack Tanner <ihok@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Right. I'm happy to do debugging and/or send log files... But there's a ton printed to
stdout. So, with respect to the 11 steps at http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/taste.html#demo
, which step produces the DataModel? And where in the file system is it supposed to live?