mahout-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: mahout PLSI (with some lucene, thrown in)
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:17:12 GMT
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Otis
Gospodnetic<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Re Solr - when we say "enterprise" in Solr context, we are really just trying to signal
that it's robust, which involves the ability to handle large amount of data and perform well.

Right... but enterprise is a very overloaded term.  It was also a
signal that Solr could handle some of the jobs of the commercial
"enterprise search" products.  To some people "enterprise search"
means "search within the enterprise" - which we're also much closer to
now thanks to things like Solr Cell (TIKA integration for content
extraction from PDF, Word, etc), and things like Nutch-Solr
integration.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com