mahout-user mailing list archives

From Joe Kumar <>
Subject NewsGroup Classification example dependency error
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 03:29:19 GMT
I was trying to run the NewsGroup classification example as mentioned in
While going through the steps mentioned in the setup section, I ran into
issues at step 6. I get the below error

[INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM)
Project ID: org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT
Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.mahout:mahout-parent for project:

I got the latest version of Mahout and mvn install at the top-level builds
the project successfully and all the tests run good.
Any clues on where I am messing up ?