mahout-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tastify
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:53:49 GMT
12 jun 2009 kl. 16.15 skrev Ted Dunning:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Karl Wettin <karl.wettin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> At first I tried to use playlists I scraped from the net as
>> recommendation
>> profiles.
>

> Do you have raw play events, or do you have progress events as well?
>
> The single biggest improvement you can make with this kind of system
> is to
> quantify engagement somehow.  Play starts are often a very poor
> surrogate
> for preference while more engaged events such as 30 second progress
> can be
> much better (or not, music consumption can be a bit strange).

No events, at least not for now.

I do however have a rather nice domain model to navigate:

 >         /---------\
 >         |         |
 >         |   +similarArtists
 >         |         |
 >         |         V*
 >         \------[Artist]--------\
 >                 /  |1          |
 >    [Genre]<----/   |           |
 >           *        |           |*
 >   [Item]<|- - -[Track]------[Album]
 >               [Playlist]

(It's supposed to be an UML class diagram.)

I hope that some semi-sophisticated Album, Track and ArtistSimilarity
can be used to improve the results.

Perhaps it's a good idea to have Playlist, Album and Artist
implemented as Item too.

        karl