mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Taste] Sanity Check and Questions
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:27:49 GMT

On Jun 18, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Sean Owen wrote:

> That would make sense only if your user had already rated everything
> that the other 'philes had rated. Is that so? otherwise, that does not
> sound right.

No, there is not 100% overlap between the 'philes, but there was a
high degree of overlap.  If I reduce the overlap, then I start to see
some of the 'philes recommendations creeping in.  That's what was so
curious.

Again, the tricky part here is to not read too much into made up data,
but it does seem interesting as a thought experiment.