mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jack Tanner <i...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: taste-web example booboo
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:06:44 GMT

Right. I'm happy to do debugging and/or send log files... But there's a ton printed to stdout.
So, with respect to the 11 steps at http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/taste.html#demo , which
step produces the DataModel? And where in the file system is it supposed to live?

> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:43:43 +0100
> Subject: Re: RE: taste-web example booboo
> From: srowen@gmail.com
> To: mahout-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> Yes that is the same error, but more descriptive now.
>
> There should be log output from the code on stdout - I wonder what that
> shows? Turning the output level down to FINE would show even more.
>
> You can call methods on DataModel to check its state and print the result. I
> am pretty sure you will find it loaded nothing for some reason. The file is
> there, but... hmm. I am having trouble guessing how it succeeds but then has
> no data. Some more log output - or if you care to, some debugging - is the
> next step.
>
> Sean
>
> On Jun 1, 2009 4:32 PM, "Jack Tanner"  wrote:
>

> This still doesn't work for me off trunk. :( The new error is "dataModel has
> no items". When is the data model supposed to be generated? How can I check
> whether it has items or not?
>
> This is on Fedora 10, maven 2.1.0.
> HTTP ERROR: 500dataModel has no items
> RequestURI=/mahout-taste-webapp/RecommenderServletCaused
> by:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: dataModel has no items
> at
> org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.recommender.slopeone.MemoryDiffStorage.(MemoryDiffStorage.java:101)
>
> at
> org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.recommender.slopeone.SlopeOneRecommender.(SlopeOneRecommender.ja...
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.security.ConstraintsSecurityHandler.handle(ConstraintsSecurityHandler.java:220)
>
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:822)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:305)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:229)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:113)
>
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.S...
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:550)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:876)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:535)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:407)
> at
> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:421)
>
> at
> [...]

HotmailĀ® has a new way to see what's up with your friends.