mahout-user mailing list archives

From Adil Aijaz <a...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: syntheticcontroldata clustering example failure due to combiner
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:49:39 GMT
Jeff,

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this issue. Just tested it and the
canopy creation and kmeans both work now on syntheticcontroldata. I get
7 canopies and 7 clusters. Collection logic in close() is not pretty but
can't think of a workaround myself.

adil

Jeff Eastman wrote:
> r783617 removed the CanopyCombiner and refactored its semantics back
> into the reducer. Updated unit tests pass and Synthetic Control with
> Canopy produces 6 clusters. Kmeans also runs produces 6 clusters too.
> I really don't like doing stuff in close() but see no practical
> alternative. Ideas are still welcomed.
>
> Jeff
>

> Jeff Eastman wrote:
>> Adil Aijaz wrote:
>>> 2. There is a bug in
>>> examples/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/syntheticcontrol/kmeans/Job.java