mahout-user mailing list archives

From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Bayesian examples not working
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:03:45 GMT
I am using the 0.1 release tar ball and the Hadoop job files contained in
it.  I am trying to run the twenty newsgroup example by following the
instructions in the Wiki.  I am not getting any errors nor exception but the
results are not correct.  Here is the output I got:

http://people.apache.org/~billa/mahout0.1-output

I am getting the same results for both Bayes and CBayes.  Any idea what I am
doing wrong?

I also want to run the example using the trunk so I checked it out and ran
"mvn install".  I found that the Hadoop job files are not being created due
to a test failure:

Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering
Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 34.979 sec
<<< FAILURE!

    <failure message="clusters[3] expected:&lt;4&gt; but was:&lt;2&gt;"
type="junit.framework.AssertionFailedError">junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
clusters[3] expected:&lt;4&gt; but was:&lt;2&gt;
        at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:280)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:198)
        at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.TestKmeansClustering.testKMeansMRJob(TestKmeansClustering.java:432)
</failure>

I am not sure how to fix this.  Is there anyway to build the Hadoop job
files without running the tests?

By the way, I am using maven 2.1.0 and Hadoop 0.18.3.

Bill