mahout-user mailing list archives

From Paul Jones <paul_jone...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: mahout PLSI (with some lucene, thrown in)
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:56:32 GMT
Yup, I see that wordnet has also been "ported" to a lucene index, and hence pulling the hyponyms
works great.

tks

Paul

________________________________
From: Tommy Chheng <tommy@peoplejar.com>
To: mahout-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 23 June, 2009 23:19:25
Subject: Re: mahout PLSI (with some lucene, thrown in)

Have you looked at WordNet to get the hypohyms?

Tommy

On Jun 23, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Paul Jones wrote:

> Okay, have seen the difficulty (apart from the maths :-)).
>
> I guess "similar" can mean many things, i.e hypohyms, but also words such as hot...cold
are also "related", hence to solve my little problem I am wondering if there is a easier way,
i.e to use things like existing hyponyms relations which exist (wordnet and the like) , and/or
if they do not then I guess using something similar to a "google distance measure" may help
in "adding" new words to the system....