mahout-user mailing list archives

From charlysf <charles.rue...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about PearsonCorrelation on a example
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:38:36 GMT

Hello,

I use PearsonCorrelation, and I would like to understand why on my example,
I have a NaN.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24175732/Image%2B3.png

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24175732/Image%2B4.png

I use PearsonCorrelation for an Item Basis recommender, and I of course
expect, to have a similarity between the two items, because they are linked
to a same user.

But in fact, I have a NaN.

I saw that the mean of the data should be 0, but or me, 0 is the neutral
score, and I can't be sure that for each user, their mean is 0, is it
important ? I don't really understand why.

Thank you.