mahout-user mailing list archives

From charlysf <charles.rue...@gmail.com>
Subject Would like some recommendation, need advice
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:15:32 GMT

Hello,

I would like some advice, now I have these tables in MYSQL :

User_subject
user_id, subject_id, relevance

Item_subject
item_id, subject_id

I would like some advice to have some recommendations.

Now, to compute the user similarity, I made a JDBCDataModel for the table
User_subject.
To compute the item similarity, I made the same, for the table item_subject.

Now, I have my similarity between users, and between items.
Do I need to make a table like that :

user_item
user_id, item_id, relevance

I will have millions of rows, and I think it could be very slow no ?

Thank you very much,