mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance gains with changes in distance calculation
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 16:38:45 GMT
I guess because you can't really re-use it if you specifically want a
Map that stores primitives, since the current implementations operates
on Objects. And we specifically need to avoid boxing. Somehow
accommodating both in one class would be quite a bit of code an impact
performance -- this is why the Trove guys had to rewrite their own
classes.

I'm all for moving it up to a higher-level common directory if it makes sense.