mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Roberson <recom.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taste as External Web Server
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:03:11 GMT
 will be able to get back to you regarding the jar file in a couple of
days...waiting on jar file from colleague but sounds like that should work.

Have another question though...

btw using FileDataModel and RecommenderServlet to run slope one Recommender
as web service.

I wanted to update the datamodel for each http request as more user
preference data will be generated with each new request.

Would this be handled by a call to the reload() function contained within
FileDataModel.java for each HTTP request?

It appears that this is the function call that begins the process of
updating the datamodel via a call to processfile().

Also, the reload function requires all ratings files to be uploaded to
update the datamodel. I assume this is done because the Map containing users
and their preferences is local only to the processfile() method.  I was
planning on making this Map global so that I can update the datamodel
without having to upload all the ratings files.  Do you see any pitfalls in
this plan?

-- Matt