mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileDataModel throws UnsupportedOperationException
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:12:29 GMT
It's going to be slow, but there are things to do to make sure it is
not slower than it needs to be. You have indexes on the user ID /
column ID tables? the DB is on the same machine as the JVM? connection
pooling? all that sort of thing.

Beyond that, caching will help, anything to prevenet going to the database.