mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommender impl using interpolated knn and SVD
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:03:06 GMT
Wow, very nice. I'm the guy to talk to. I had taken a crack at
SVD-related implementations a few years ago and found it too
complicated for my brain, and too slow. It is good to hear you have
had success. It has been some time since I myself added any new
algorithms.

Perhaps the more experienced Apache folk can comment on this -- is
this significant enough of a contribution that it needs a software
grant agreement of some kind? Or is it OK to open a JIRA issue, attach
a patch, and confirm there that it is granted to the ASF?

Beyond that, the next step is to open an issue at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT and attach a patch which
includes the changes. I can commit it, then I will probably have some
tweaks and other changes I would like to make, which we can
collaborate on.

Sean