mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mahout for news recommendation?
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:11:28 GMT
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Joshua Bronson <jabronson@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I assumed the instructions had left out the step of running "svn
> checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk/". Was this
> assumption incorrect?

Well you do need some copy of the Mahout distro, whether from SVN or a
tarball. I imagin the latter is actually more common. The instructions
are indeed silent on this and assume you start with copy of the distro
from some source.

> I did have to "mkdir
> -p trunk/taste-web/src/main/resources/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/example/grouplens"
> before I could copy the .dat files there as
> the trunk/taste-web/src/main/resources directory of the checkout doesn't
> contain anything in it. Did I go off on the wrong track?

Possible, the locations have been moving about and not sure those
changes are in sync with my brain or the documentation. This sounds
right, and I guess it works? then we should make the directory in SVN.