mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Runo <mr...@zappos.com>
Subject Re: mahout for news recommendation?
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:31:30 GMT
I'd love to have a better "Taste for dummies" getting started section.
I too am on OS X, and with this thread can finally compile Taste, but
the instructions are still vauge (to me). I'd love to help, but I
think it'd be /great/ to have something really easy to follow along
with, ala..

1. Create a file in the format, userId,itemID. Call it "input.txt".
2. Create a class.. <code for class that reads in input.txt>
3. How to build mahout
4. How to build taste
5. instructions for running the class
6....

I think this would help a lot of people.

Thanks for your time!

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com
mruno@zappos.com - 702-943-7833