mahout-user mailing list archives

From LK <royl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Building Mahout examples failed
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:17:23 GMT

Thank you Jeff.

I updated my local repository and performed "mvn compile" and "mvn install" again.  Now I
get another error message. Any idea?

Running org.apache.mahout.clustering.fuzzykmeans.TestFuzzyKmeansClustering
Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 7, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.239 sec <<< FAILURE!

Thanks
--
Roy

> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:18:37 -0700
> From: jeastman@windwardsolutions.com
> To: srowen@gmail.com
> CC: mahout-user@lucene.apache.org; jeastman@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Building Mahout examples failed
>
> VisibleCanopy has been around forever but is in the test source tree.
> Since the test code is not part of the example path it should not be
> referenced there. I notice that my recent example commit included a
> reference to it - an oversight - and have just committed the fix.
>
> Sorry, I broke the build :(
> Jeff
>
> Sean Owen wrote:
> > I also get this error -- looks like VisibleCanopy was not committed.
> > Jeff do you have ideas? I see you committed one of the files that
> > references it.
> >
> > 2009/4/15 LK <royliuk@hotmail.com>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> I am new to Mahout. I was trying build examples and run the k-means clustering.
I followed the instructions in http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/syntheticcontroldata.html but
didn't generate anything in my $MAHOUT_HOME/examples folder.

> >> "$MAHOUT_HOME/mvn install" apprantely installed the core successfully (Tests
run: 616, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0) but failed to build the examples.  The error
msg is below.