mahout-user mailing list archives

From Niraj <ni...@webscalesolutions.com>
Subject Newbee : Taste Demo Questions
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 20:24:53 GMT
I am struggling getting taste-grouplense demo up and running. Would
appreciate if someone could let me  know what I am doing wrong.
This is what I did
1. I got the latest code from SVN
2. Then I followed the instructions at
http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/taste.html#demo
     - I am fine until bullet number 6 in the instructions. My problems
start with #7
        #7- cp ../examples/target/grouplens.jar ./lib
         -- There is not grouplens.jar in the examples/target directory. [
BUG in document]
       #9 mvn package
         -- When I run  mvn package , I get the

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-core -Dversion=0.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=j
ar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mahout
-DartifactId=mahout-core -Dversion=0.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
 -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.mahout:mahout-taste-webapp:war:0.2-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.mahout:mahout-core:jar:0.2-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.mahout:mahout-taste-webapp:war:0.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  Apache snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
  maven2-repository.dev.java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)