mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Failure to run Clustering example
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:32:59 GMT

On Apr 29, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Shashikant Kore wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> The JDK problem occurs while running the example of Synthetic
> Control Data from
> http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/syntheticcontroldata.html
>

> The other query was related to how to convert convert text files to
> Mahout Vector. Let's say, I have text files of wikipedia pages and now
> I want to create clusters out of them. How do I get the Mahout vector
> from the lucene index? Can you point me to some theory behind it, from
> where I can convert it code?

I don't think we have any demo code for this yet.  I have a personal
task that I'm trying to get to that will demonstrate how to cluster
text starting from a plain text file, but nothing in code yet,
especially not anything that takes it from Lucene.  All of these would
be great additions to have.  I think Richard Tomsett said he had some
code to do it, but hasn't donated it yet.  He's also put up a patch
for doing cosine distance metric, but it is not committed yet.

Cheers,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/