mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <jeast...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Building Mahout examples failed
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:18:37 GMT
VisibleCanopy has been around forever but is in the test source tree.
Since the test code is not part of the example path it should not be
referenced there. I notice that my recent example commit included a
reference to it - an oversight - and have just committed the fix.

Sorry, I broke the build :(
Jeff

Sean Owen wrote:
> I also get this error -- looks like VisibleCanopy was not committed.
> Jeff do you have ideas? I see you committed one of the files that
> references it.
>
> 2009/4/15 LK <royliuk@hotmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I am new to Mahout. I was trying build examples and run the k-means clustering. I
followed the instructions in http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/syntheticcontroldata.html but
didn't generate anything in my $MAHOUT_HOME/examples folder.

>> "$MAHOUT_HOME/mvn install" apprantely installed the core successfully (Tests run:
616, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0) but failed to build the examples.  The error msg
is below.