mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene search result clustering
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:03:38 GMT
Hi Max,

Great question!  Wish I had a better answer, but unfortunately the
step from Lucene to Mahout doesn't exist just yet.  I have been slowly
but surely working on integrating it into Solr (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-769

  will eventually have Mahout integration).  I also know we have some
people on this list working on it: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/p:mahout?q=Document+clustering

  but it isn't where it needs to be just yet.

With some luck, there will be a solution soon.  Are you in the
position to help?

-Grant

On Apr 20, 2009, at 5:51 AM, Max wrote:

> Hi list,
> I would like to do some Lucene Documents clustering.
> I have a
> Lucene index and I run my search on the index.
> The search result is
> composed of a list of documents.
> How can I translate my list of
> document in a format suitable with Mahout format?
> I have seen this
> library contains some clustering algorithms, but they don't provide
> (at
> least I haven't found) any translation from a document to a point.
> Do I have to implement this by myself, or does it already exist?
> Thanks
> in advance.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/