mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taste: Clearing CachingRecommender
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:58:26 GMT
Yes, though you only need to rebuild if the file has changed of
course. I like this so I will work on the change.

This highlights the general problem that a change of just one data
point, in theory, affects all recommendations.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> At least in this particular case, on-demand reloading is fine (and nicely deterministic)....
although, isn't that going to be more or less the same as simply throwing away an existing
CachingRecommender instance and re-creating a brand new one, starting from the newly created
FileDataModel?