mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Goel, Ankur" <Ankur.G...@corp.aol.com>
Subject RE: Collective Intelligence in Action
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:42:42 GMT
I did get a chance to glance at both the books -
http://www.manning.com/alag/ and
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529321/.

The topic list of later looks really comprehensive and the topic
previews leave the reader asking for more.
The only drawback as already mentioned is that the code is in Python so
reader who doesn't know Python will face
a little difficuly in understanding the code examples.

After reading the topic list of the first book and the free chapter
available online, I don't think the rest of the
content would be as comprehensive at discussing each techinque as the
second book.

So I would definitely like to read the second one -
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529321/

Does anyone have an e-copy of
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529321/ which can be shared ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukas Vlcek [mailto:lukas.vlcek@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:24 PM
To: mahout-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Collective Intelligence in Action

I know Toby's book (have it as well :-) but all the code is in Python.
The later book seems to be truly Java oriented and uses JDM in some
examples (and WEKA). All the source code can be downloaded now from the
web page.
This could be interesting for Mahout developers to see how to use JDM
since we might think of it in the future.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl>

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/