mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark 2.x/scala 2.11.x release
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:53:58 GMT
big +1

If you are planning to branch off the 0.13.0 tag let me know, I have a
speedup that is in my scala 2.11 fork of 0.13.0 that needs to be released

From: Andrew Palumbo <ap.dev@outlook.com> <ap.dev@outlook.com>
Reply: dev@mahout.apache.org <dev@mahout.apache.org> <dev@mahout.apache.org>
Date: February 28, 2018 at 11:16:12 AM
To: dev@mahout.apache.org <dev@mahout.apache.org> <dev@mahout.apache.org>
Subject:  Spark 2.x/scala 2.11.x release

After some offline discussion regarding people's needs for Spark and 2.x
and Scala 2.11.x, I am wondering If we should just consider a release for
2.x and 2.11.x as the default. We could release from the current master, or
branch back off of the 0.13.0 tag, and release that with the upgraded
defaults, and branch our current multi-artifact build off as a feature. Any
thoughts on this?

--andy