mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Trevor Grant <trevor.d.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] remove getMahoutHome from sparkbindings
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2017 14:04:54 GMT
getMahoutHome()

https://github.com/apache/mahout/blob/08e02602e947ff945b9bd73ab5f0b45863df3e53/spark/src/main/scala/org/apache/mahout/sparkbindings/package.scala#L208

seems to not be used anywhere other than the Flink bindings.

I personally don't like the idea of REQUIRING mahout to be fully installed-
and at the moment, at least for Spark- we don't need to. One can simply use
maven coordinates in POM or add them when launching spark
job/shell/zeppelin.

I'm assuming this method existed to support the old spark-shell, but I'd
like to drop it to prevent anyone from introducing new code that relies on
it.

However since I didn't put it there and don't know all use cases, I want to
open up for discussion before I start a JIRA ticket.

thoughts?

tg