mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for changing Mahout's Git branching rules
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:45:57 GMT
Actually I think git flow would merge it into master and tag it with an annotated tag like
“0.13.0.jira-123” to reference the bug fix or some other naming scheme. Since the bug
is “important” it is treated like what the blog post calls a “hotfix” so the head
of master is still stable with hotfixes applied even if the merge does not warrant a binary
release.

The master branch hygiene is maintained by checking WIP into develop or a feature branch,
hotfixes and releases go into master. There is also a mechanism to maintain release branches
if the project warrants, which may be true of Mahout.

On Jun 21, 2017, at 3:25 PM, Trevor Grant <trevor.d.grant@gmail.com> wrote:

So right now, if there was a bug in 0.13.0 that needed an important patch-
why not just merge it into master and  git branch "branch-0.13.0"