mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Trevor Grant <trevor.d.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Zeppelin Integration PR
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 21:22:41 GMT
Hey folks,

looks like we're making progress on the Mahout-Zeppelin integration.

Any who are interested check out:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/928

Regarding Moon's last comments:
Does anyone know off hand if anything will break if we roll back the
conflicting packages to the Spark 1.6 version?

Also regarding the pom.xml and:
"Packaging
If mahout requires to be loaded in spark executor's classpath, then adding
mahout dependency in pom.xml will not be enough to work with Spark cluster.
Could you clarify if mahout need to be loaded in spark executor?"

All we need to do is load the jars appropriate Mahout jars, I'm not
familiar enough with the Spark Interpreter or Spark or Java to know exactly
what would happen, any thoughts on this?

Tonight I might just try removing mahout dependencies from pom.xml and
seeing what happens? that would solve all of these problems I think.  As
long as user has 'mvn install'ed Mahout, should be gtg?

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*