mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streaming and incremental cooccurrence
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 22:04:29 GMT
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Pat Ferrel <pat@occamsmachete.com> wrote:

> This seems to violate the random choice of interactions to cut but now
> that I think about it does a random choice really matter?

It hasn't ever mattered such that I could see.  There is also some reason
to claim that earliest is best if items are very focussed in time.  Of
course, the opposite argument also applies.  That leaves us with empiricism
where the results are not definitive.

So I don't think that it matters, but I don't think that it does.