mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Release
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:14:33 GMT
Added a 0.10.0 release on Jira.

Looks like we agree on:
1) refactor mrlegacy out of scala deps—assigned this to Dmitriy, right?
2) build fixes for release—assigned to Suneel, right?
3) docs, docs, docs — might be good to guinea-pig the new CMS with git pubsub so we don’t
have to do svn, not sure when that will be ready. I’ve asked infra when git pubsub will
be ready, but we shouldn’t allow this to be a blocker, IMO
4) release blocking bugs—everyone please mark anything as a blocker that needs to be in
0.10.0

The reason for this release (please comment or edit)
1) to have support for mapreduce code running on newer hadoop 2 distros
2) first functional release of the DSL, Mahout shell, related algorithms and Spark jobs for
Naive Bayes and Item and Row Similarity
3) get the new look Mahout documented!