mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cf/couccurence code
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 16:18:58 GMT
OK, I’m spending more time on this than I have to spare. The test class extends MahoutLocalContext,
which provides an implicit Spark context. I haven’t found a way to test parallel execution
of cooccurrence without it. So far the only obvious option is to put cf into math-scala but
the tests would have to remain in spark and that seems like trouble so I’d rather not do
that.

I suspect as more math-scala consuming algos get implemented this issue will proliferate.
We will have implementations that do not require Spark but tests that do. We could create
a new sub-project that allows for this I suppose but a new sub-project will require changes
to SparkEngine and mahout’s script.

If someone (Anand?) wants to offer a PR with some way around this I’d be happy to integrate.