mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exploring moving Mahout to git as main repo
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 19:40:26 GMT
Yes, and no.

Yes, committers should be able to push, or, rather, merge pull requests.
But in case committers are also acting as contributors, i'd expect a pull
request to be filed, since it is more than just this. It is also a review
board. I've been struggling with integration issues in apache review board,
and it seems, not just me alone. Github reviews are nicely integrated, it
is a nice way to collaborate. Instead of cluttering jira, we could just
discuss details right on the PR and be very specific about points of code
we are talking to.