mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exploring moving Mahout to git as main repo
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 22:32:06 GMT
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Pat Ferrel <pat.ferrel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree 100% but there is seems to be an extra level of indirection here.
>
> 1) do your work in your personal github repo, probably using a branch

personal github branch, yes.

> 2) issue a pull request to ??? the github Mahout repo or Apache Mahout git
> repo?

I assume it will be apache/mahout on github. At least it is for Spark.

> 3) respond to the request somewhere to make sure the merge goes well.

a merge of PR is handled by github itself. At least if merge is possible by
recursive strategy. Actually it is an interesting detail here. I am not
sure I understand 100% how it works exactly, here, but i am sure we will
figure it out. most likely, like Jake said, we will have to merge it
locally and push it to git-wp.a.o with a message that would close the PR in
github. If I understand it correctly, that's one of the things they've
implemented in github integration