mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exploring moving Mahout to git as main repo
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 17:16:29 GMT
Agree 100% but there is seems to be an extra level of indirection here.

1) do your work in your personal github repo, probably using a branch
2) issue a pull request to ??? the github Mahout repo or Apache Mahout git repo?
3) respond to the request somewhere to make sure the merge goes well.

It would be nice if we only had to deal with github imo. They will trigger a Jenkins build
on repo changes.

On May 15, 2014, at 3:33 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Pat Ferrel <pat@occamsmachete.com> wrote:

> But pull requests would just be for contributors, right? Committers should
> be able to push to the master directly, right?

Not necessarily.  Pull requests are so lovely nice to work with no matter
who you are.

I can easily imagine using them myself for a long-lived change.