mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git Migration
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 18:40:29 GMT
Is there really no way to switch to github as the primary and git.wp as a mirror? Are we doing
this integration like Spark? This would do away with the two local repos problem (and several
extra steps), handle the notifications, and give us a shiny green button :-) This would also
make it easier on contributors who would like to hit the shiny green button but can’t.

It looks to me like every dev needs to have two repos locally, why not change the mirror so
there is just one local repo, our own, with the upstream set to github’s apache/mahout

To do this committers would have to be granted write access to github apache/mahout and git.wp
would be read only.

Unless I’m missing something, which is always possible. Has anyone actually done this yet?
Am I wrong about the process?

On May 27, 2014, at 8:19 PM, Pat Ferrel <pat.ferrel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 26, 2014, at 12:14 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With git you can push or pull to multiple repos.

Yes, of course. So we are just pulling a branch from our github remote to our git-wip local
then pushing that to git-wip remote. We need two local repos to do this. And for adding our
own code a PR is unnecessary.

If the notification comes to @dev that’s clear.