mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: consensus statement?
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 20:45:29 GMT
To be honest, I don't understand the issue here. Let's look at what's
happening to the codebase: in the 3 months since our last release in
February, we had 59 changes [1].

 >> Outside contributions are always encouraged.

Out of the 59 changes, 28 came from 18 distinct external contributors,
that is close to 50%.

 >> it is clear that what the committers are working on is Spark

I think thats a big misconception. I see only 3 changes related to Spark
plus a few in jira that are ongoing and haven't made it to the codebase
yet. Clearly, the main pile of work in the last weeks was documentation
and cleanup, not Spark. We still have lots of issues open w.r.t. to
writing and fixing documentation, recreating examples, cleaning up
legacy code.

--sebastian

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mahout/trunk/CHANGELOG