mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plan for 1.0
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 06:45:02 GMT
Hi Saikat,

1) I think that Mahout-1248 and 1249 are still very important features
that I would love to see in the codebase as they would highly improve
the usability of our ALS code.

2) I think the last discussion item regarding h2o was to find a way to
compare it against existing or spark related algorithm implementation to
get a better picture of programming model and performance. I also don't
feel that a final decision has been reached about this.

3) We should have the hangout, can someone step up and organize it?

Best,
Sebastian

On 03/19/2014 04:45 AM, Saikat Kanjilal wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I read through the email threads with the weigh ins for the inclusion of H2O as well
as spark and wanted to circle back on the plan for folks to meet around 1.0, so a few questions:

> 1) How does the inclusion of H2O and spark weigh in importance versus the current JIRA
items that are existing for potentially new feature work to be done in mahout (in my case
JIRA 1248/1249)
> 2) From reading all the responses it doesn't seem like there's full consensus on what
the next steps are for h2o and how that relates to the roadmap around 1.0, please correct
me if I'm misunderstanding, can someone outline whether any concrete decisions have been made
on whether or not mahout 1.0 will include h2o bindings