mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <suneel_mar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: moving to java 1.7
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 04:06:51 GMT
Mahout moving to Java 7 is subject to the different Hadoop vendors supporting Java 7 with their
distros.  As Andrew's mentioned, Mahout builds with 1.7 already.

On Friday, March 21, 2014 12:04 AM, Andrew Musselman <andrew.musselman@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think it's a priority but stuff builds with Java 7 already.

> On Mar 20, 2014, at 8:32 PM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Guys,I'm curious whether there's any plans to move to jdk 1.7 for the 1.0 release
or if this is more effort than what is planned.   Seems like a lot of people are moving to
1.7 and wanted to understand whether there's a need.Regards