mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Suneel Marthi <suneel_mar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Streaming KMeans clustering
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 21:26:33 GMT
There is no combiner in the present implementation.  Moreover the codepath that's executed
when 'reduceStreamingKMeans' -rskm flag is set does not have adequate test coverage and needs
to be tested more extensively. Most of the issues I had been seeing were due to specifying
-rskm flag.

Amir had provided a dataset with about 300K points, could someone try running Streaming KMeans
on this - both mapreduce and sequential versions? I have had no luck with either version.
Here is the link to the dataset - http://gluegadget.com/split-vectors.tar.bz2